Apply today and begin your journey to the classroom in Tennessee.
The Road to Teacher Certification in
Tennessee is Simple
- Apply and Enroll
- Train and Prepare
- Teach with Full Pay
- Get Licensed
Apply and Enroll
1-2 Weeks on Average
Apply online- it only takes a few minutes and is free!
Train and Prepare
8-12 Weeks on Average
Once you enroll, complete the following requirements to start teaching in the classroom.
Teach with Full Pay
You will complete a one-year (two-semester) paid residency/ field experience where you will be employed full-time as a teacher in your content field. In this position, you receive the salary and benefits of a first-year teacher.
2-4 Weeks on Average
- Submit official university transcripts that include your graduating GPA
- Complete Introductory Course 5000
- Pay your $250 enrollment fee
- Acknowledge your Letter of Agreement
Pass your Content Exam(s)
- Please refer to the ETS Praxis test overview for Tennessee here to identify the Praxis II, content test, that you will be required to take and pass for state licensure.
- We know testing can be stressful, but we have been there and are here to help you with free test preparation resources.
Set up your Payment Plan
Once everything is complete, your Intent to Hire will become available on your InstructNET page.
Prepare for Your Residency
- You must secure your own residency/field experience position through a district application and interview process.
- Check out our teacher job board to find opportunities near you with iteach partner districts.
Supervision and Mentoring During Residency
During the residency/ field experience, you will be assigned a highly experienced supervisor who will visit your classroom periodically, offer guidance and support, and work closely with the campus administration to ensure you are successful.
- TCTN 5100 – Learning Environments
- TCTN 5200 – Learner Development
- TCTN 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- TCTN 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- TCTN 5500 – Learner Differences and Special Needs
- TCTN 5600 – Diverse Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual
- Successfully complete your field experience
- Pass required Praxis test for licensure
- Pay your iteach program fee in full
Take the first step to acceptance into our training program. Here are our admission requirements:
Your degree must be from an accredited college or university.
Minimum 2.75 GPA
Submit official university transcripts that include your graduating GPA on your official transcripts.
iteach can help you get certified for specific subject areas. All teachers must meet specific criteria set by the state of Tennessee to teach a subject. This requirement is often referred to as your “certification area” or your “content area.”
Contact us about your area of interest and location as each district has different hiring practices.
Our pricing was created with you in mind. $0 to apply. $250 to enroll.
Once accepted, you pay your $250 enrollment fee and you can immediately begin taking your first course.
Pay $0 / month until you start your two-semester field experience. Pay your remaining balance in interest-free installments during your field experience, for which you will receive full pay.
What You Get:
- Robust CAEP-certified online courses
- Onsite 1:1 supervision throughout your teaching residency
- Opportunity to earn up to 12 graduate credits toward a master's degree
- Subscription to Teaching Channel’s 1,600 video library showcasing instructional practices
- Enrollment in innovative test preparation courses to help you pass your state-required exams
Download the Tennessee
Alternative Certification Guide
Need more information about alternative certification in Tennessee?
Complete the form below, and we will send you all the information you
need about our program.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may apply at any time; iteach enrolls students on a continual basis.
No. No matter what bachelor’s degree you have, it’s your subject matter expertise, combined with your successful completion of our program, that makes you eligible to teach. We’ll teach you what you need to know and do in order to be a successful teacher yourself.
Please refer to the ETS Praxis test overview for Tennessee here to identify the Praxis II, content test, that you will be required to take and pass for state licensure.
No, iteach is not an institution of higher education. Therefore, the program does not qualify for financial aid.
You can complete all program-required instructional coursework within as little as three months. The entire iteach program, including your teaching residency, is designed to be completed within one school year. However, you have two full school years to find a teaching position as long as you are enrolled in the iteach program. Once hired, you must complete all program requirements during your two-semester field experience.
What iTeach Program Graduates Have to Say
Our ISD Partners
iteach is preferred certification provider for the following schools:
Start Your Journey to
Becoming a Teacher
Join the 20,000+ teachers who have earned their
certification through iteach. Begin making a change in your
life and students’ lives today.