West Virginia Alternative
Apply today and begin your journey to the classroom in West Virginia.
The Road to Teacher Certification in
West Virginia is Simple
- Apply and Enroll
- Train and Prepare
- Get Licensed
Apply and Enroll
1-2 Weeks on Average
It’s time to be the teacher
you’ve always wanted to be.
Train and Prepare
8-12 Weeks on Average
Once you enroll, complete the following requirements to start teaching in the classroom.
2-4 Weeks on Average
- Submit official university transcripts that include your graduating GPA
- Completion of TCWV Introductory Course 5000
- Pass the Praxis Core exam in your desired area of study or meet state requirements for testing exemption
- Pay your $250 enrollment fee
- Acknowledge your Letter of Agreement
Online and Self-Paced Instructional Coursework
- TCWV 5100 – Learning Environment
- TCWV 5200 – Learner Development
- TCWV 5300 – Planning Instruction and Assessments
- TCWV 5400 – Literacy and 21st Century Instruction
- TCWV 5500 – Curricular Adaptation for Special Needs Students
- TCWV 5600 – Diverse Student Populations, English Language Learners and Bilingual Students
Set up your Payment Plan
- Pass your Praxis II exam
- Pass your Principals of Learning & Teaching (PLT) exam
- Paid your iteach program fee in full
West Virginia Program
Take the first step to acceptance into our training program. Here are our admission requirements:
Your degree must be from an accredited college or university.
Minimum 2.5 GPA
Submit official university transcripts that include your graduating GPA on your official transcripts.
Pass the Praxis I Core exam in your desired area of study or meet state requirements for testing exemption.
West Virginia Pricing
Our pricing was created with you in mind. $0 to apply. $250 to enroll.
Once accepted, you pay your $250 enrollment fee and you can immediately begin taking your first course.
Pay $0 / month until you start your two-semester field experience. Pay your remaining balance in interest-free installments until your field experience, for which you will receive full pay, is complete.
What You Get:
- Robust CAEP-certified online courses
- Onsite 1:1 supervision throughout your teaching residency
- Opportunity to earn up to 12 graduate credits toward a master's degree
- Subscription to Teaching Channel’s 1,600 video library showcasing instructional practices
- Enrollment in innovative test preparation courses to help you pass your state-required exams
Download the West Virginia
Alternative Certification Guide
Need more information about alternative certification in West Virginia?
Complete the form below, and we will send you all the information you
need about our program.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may apply at any time; iteach enrolls students on a continual basis.
No. No matter what bachelor’s degree you have, it’s your subject matter expertise, combined with your successful completion of our program, that makes you eligible to teach. We’ll teach you what you need to know and do in order to be a successful teacher yourself.
Pass the Praxis I Core exam in your desired area of study or meet state requirements for testing exemption. If you have completed one of the following, you are not required to have Praxis I (CORE) passed. The eligible exemptions are:
- Passed Praxis I PPST – Prior to the approval of the Praxis Core, the Praxis PPST was the approved exam for basic skills.
- Master’s Degree – Hold a master’s degree (or higher) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- SAT combined verbal/critical reading and math score of 1170 or higher prior to 2005.
- ACT score of 26 or higher.
No, iteach is not an institution of higher education. Therefore, the program does not qualify for financial aid.
You can complete all program-required instructional coursework within as little as three months. The entire iteach program, including your teaching residency, is designed to be completed within one school year. However, you have two full school years to find a teaching position as long as you are enrolled in the iteach program. Once hired, you must complete all program requirements during your two-semester field experience.
What iTeach Program Graduates Have to Say
Start Your Journey to
Becoming a Teacher
Join the 20,000+ teachers who have earned their
certification through iteach. Begin making a change in your
life and students’ lives today.