To enroll in the iteach Teacher Certification Program, you must provide documentation of the following:
A BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Your degree must be from a nationally or regionally accredited institution of higher education as required by the West Virginia Department of Education.
You can verify accreditation on the Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs: DAPIP
MINIMUM 2.5 GRADE POINT AVERAGE
This will be determined in one of the following ways:
- Minimum 2.50 GPA (your undergraduate GPA as posted on conferred degree transcript), or
- Minimum 2.50 GPA in the last 60 hours. Click here for a calculator (requires Microsoft Excel)
Your graduating GPA must be calculated and posted by the university on your official transcripts. If your final transcript does not reflect a graduation GPA, you will need to contact your college Registrar’s office to have a letter typed on university letterhead that includes your GPA sent in with your official transcripts.
You are required to have passed the Praxis I (CORE) exam in order to be eligible for the program. However, there are 4 ways in which you may be exempt from this requirement. If you have completed one of the following, you are not required to have Praxis I (CORE) passed. The eligible exemptions are:
- Passed Praxis I PPST – Prior to the approval of the Praxis Core, the Praxis PPST was the approved exam for basic skills.
- Master’s Degree – Hold a master’s degree (or higher) from a regionally or nationally accredited college or university.
- SAT combined verbal/critical reading and math score of 1170 or higher prior to 2005.
- ACT score of 26, or higher.
DID YOU GRADUATE OUTSIDE THE U.S.?
The state requires foreign transcripts to be evaluated by an approved evaluation company that follows the standards of the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) for evaluation. You will be required to submit the official evaluation to iteach for admissions.
Applicants must also:
- Have a personal e-mail account and access to a personal (not school) computer.
- Add iteach.net to your contacts list.
- Demonstrate professionalism during all written correspondence and oral communication with iteach West Virginia.