Steps for applying for your ARL (initial) license.
The issuance of your ARL certificate is facilitated by the Nevada Department of Education; you will complete the application on their website.
ARL Certificate Application Page OPAL (Click Here)
Before you begin, you will need to have the following saved on your computer to upload to the OPAL application system:
- PDF version of identification (driver license, passport, etc.)
- ARL Certificate (from the iteach Nevada. Once logged in to your iteach Nevada portal you can click this link to download.)
Click Here to view the ARL License Walkthrough
ARL License Walkthrough
These are the basic steps that are shown in the video above. Click here then follow these steps:
- Complete the basic questionnaire to create an account. The appropriate answer most likely is “No”.
- From your account homepage, click “Initial Application” in the upper right hand portion of the page to start application.
- Select “ARL” and then choose “iteach Nevada”
- Work through all required screen completing the appropriate information on each page.
- For license, you will select the broad grade level and then for endorsement select the specific subject you will be teaching.
- Upload your ARL Certificate (teal color iteach Nevada certificate downloaded from your portal)